Features Released in 2023
And New Features Planned for Release in 2024
Features Released in 2023
History Management Feature
The edit history of tests and shared steps can now be reviewed, with the functionality to revert to the contents of previous versions.
Started Support for Flutter Testing
We have published the Implementation Guidelines for Flutter Apps for E2E Testing, commencing our support for Flutter app testing.
Health Score Dashboard
The Health Score Dashboard has been released, providing the ability to monitor the health of test automation projects and receive improvement suggestions.
Nested Shared Step Calls
It’s now possible to call different shared steps from within a shared step.
Enhanced Commands for Mobile App Testing
Implemented enhancements include the current location movement command, standardized swipe gestures, support for apps that block screen capture, and Appium2 compatibility.
Enhanced Commands for Browser Testing
Added support in content checking of downloaded files, installation of Chrome extensions, automatic scroll commands, and cookie setting commands.
Design and UI/UX Improvements
Significant advancements have been made in click-based element selection, strengthening guides for new users, and redesigning various pages.
Self-healing capabilities have been extended to include not only UI elements but also commands, and with the ability to bulk approve multiple self-healing results.
Secure Tunneling Feature
Cloud-to-local environment access is now enabled. Currently available in beta for Enterprise plans.
Various Performance Improvements
Improvements have been made in the clearing speed of the iOS app, the loading speed of various pages, and the speed and stability of cloud devices when using fixed user IPs.
- 'Trash Bin' feature for retrieving deleted tests and shared steps
- Bulk review page for all image differences of batch test execution
- Option to continue operation when confirmation command fails
- Support for Edge as a MagicPod browser
- Enabled location setting capabilities in browser tests
- Customizable user profile images
- Cloud device and browser usage status now accessible via Web API
- Web push notifications for device start-up, shutdown, and test execution completion
- Automatic UI sharing upon shared step creation
- Achieved Version 1.0
Various other features have also been released. The complete release history of all features is available here.
New Features Planned for Release in 2024
- Branch management feature to enable more flexible operations
- Usability and performance improvements to enhance test creation efficiency
- Strengthened control syntax such as else, else if, and while statements
- Multi-platform test integration for combined mobile app and browser testing
We will also continue to develop various features initially planned for 2023 but not yet released.
Looking forward to your continued support for MagicPod in 2024.